This is one of my favorite chocolate deserts ever, it may seem there are quite a lot ingredients, but it is pretty easy to make, and it takes so little time. This banana and chocolate cupcakes are a great option for those with gluten, dairy and eggs sensitivities.
- Coconut oil (virgin extra).
- Coconut flour (organic).
- Baobab (optional).
- Baking soda.
- Cocoa powder (Raw, no added sugar).
- Gelatin (gelatin eggs).
- Raw honey (optional for more sweet).
- Cinnamon (optional).
- Shredded coconut (optional).
- Preheat oven to 180º.
- Whisk together: 1Tbsp coconut oil, 1Tbsp honey and two bananas.
- Add 3Tbsp coconut flour, 1tsp baking soda, 1Tbsp baobab powder, 1Tbsp cocoa powder, 1tsp cinnamon.
- Now we will use the gelatin as a substitute for real eggs. We will do what is called a “gelatin egg“. For this purpose we put 1Tbsp gelatin, 1Tbsp lemon juice and 1Tbsp tepid water into a bowl and mix throughly. After this we add 1Tbsp boiled water and whisk very quickly until the gelatin has melted completely. Then we incorporate the gelatin egg to the rest and stir properly again.
- Finally, pour the mixture into the cupcake molds and top with any topping to your liking. I personally like shredded coconut as a topping, but you can try variations and then tell me which is best! ; )
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
With this amount of ingredients we will get 4 cupcakes, if we want more we can double the amounts accordingly.
The result is so good. I can´t never wait for the cupcakes to cool completely and always have one half warm, which is delicious, but when they are chilly they get their final texture thanks to the gelatin, which make them so yummy and consistent!
Photo credits: The Holistic Therapy