Sometimes we crave for something sweet with the tea or coffee. This natural homemade banana teacake is perfect for those moments, with its fluffy texture and incredible taste. Great for those with sensitivities: gluten free, dairy free, grains free, sugar free and eggs free.
- Coconut oil (extra virgin).
- Coconut flour (orgánica).
- Baking soda.
- Gelatin (gelatin eggs).
- Cinnamon (opcional).
- Organic blueberries -or any small berries- (opcional).
- Preheat oven to 180º.
- Whisk together: 1Tbsp coconut oil and 3 bananas.
- Add 3Tbsp coconut flour, 1tsp baking soda, 1tsp cinnamon and a little bit of salt and mix.
- Now we will use the gelatin as a substitute for real eggs. We’ll 2 “gelatin eggs”. For this purpose we put 2Tbsp gelatin with 2Tbsp tepid water into a bowl and mix throughly. After this we add 2Tbsp boiled water and whisk very quickly until the gelatin has melted completely. Then we incorporate the gelatin eggs to the rest and stir properly again.
- Optionally, we can add blueberries or any other small berries to the dough for an extra of texture and flavor.
- Finally, pour the mixture into a mold and finish it with any topping to your liking. I personally like shredded coconut, cacao nibs or cinnamon as a topping, but you can try any variation you can imagine 😉
- Bake for 30 minutes until you see the surface brown.
Trucos y consejos:
- The hot teacake go very well with ice-cream, delicious combination! I suggest this natural dairy free and sugar free ice-cream.
- It is recommended to store it on the fridge since it has no preservatives, but it truly won’t last long, it’s too yummy!
- As I said, this banana teacake gluten free is a perfect option to have with tea or coffee, as breakfast or just as a healthy natural snack.
Y para que veáis lo sencillito que es de hacer, os dejo un video con los pasos 😉
Photo & video credits: The Food Therapy